Translate

Sunday 9 December 2012

Stage 24 – Issues (the undiagnosed breed)

Welcome to My dating year – stage 24

The year is about to come to an end and I’m still single, not a surprise but I just wanted to mention it. Wow, I can’t believe the year I’ve had. A lot of ups and downs, with each experience making me a stronger person. I don’t want to reflect on the year just yet because I’m saving that for my very last post on my dating year, I can’t wait.
I have to say getting into a serious and meaningful relationship seems like playing the lottery to me these days. The odds of picking the right persons seem so low because there appears to be so many wrong people in the right clothing. I sometimes feel to ask those who are in meaningful relationships: ‘how did you find each other?’, ‘what procedure did you take?’, ‘what type of complications did you go through at the beginning and what made you stay with each other even after the difficulties?’
I’ve come to realise that a lot of people have issues. I know this is common knowledge but I didn’t really realise the extent to this epidemic until now. I know some of you are probably thinking this girl is a drama queen and wanting to lol. After you’ve done that just think back to when you first realised a fact of life that was always prominent but didn’t sink in for you until one sudden day when you stopped and thought WOW, is this really how the world/some people are? If you did the exercise properly you might now appreciate why I said a lot of people have issues. The types of issues that I’m talking about affect people in all areas of their lives but can be a big roadblock when dating and looking for a special somebody to settle down with.
Ok, a good amount of people have issues and a lot of the time you can spot the issues before they come close or just as soon as they do. The people I’m referring to here are the ones who are so good at hiding their issues that you almost feel to do a 360° turn so you can play the whole situation in your head again to try and understand what just happened. The types of things that make these people qualify as having issues can be very little but it’s just the fact that they disguise the slightly mental behaviour and show a completely different side to them until the day they erupt over silly little things. Yes there are lots of fake people. This breed of people that I’m talking about is different from the fakes. They don’t seem to be driven by malicious motives. In fact I don’t even think they have motives for their actions a lot of the time. They just snap and I don’t think they can explain why.
Reading the previous paragraph back to myself, I feel as though I’ve described a group of people who may actually have a minute form of mental illness and don’t even know it. In essence we could all have some form of undiagnosed medical issue come to think of it. A lot of the time it’s hard for us to see our faults for what they are. We often need someone with good intentions to give us a true reflection of our not so pleasing sides.  The point of this post anyway is how do you deal with people with undiagnosed issues when trying to peruse a meaningful relationship with them? Readers if you were dating someone and realised they had a slight issue, and if isolated could be disliked for it, but when considering the complete person, and all of their wonderful traits they don’t seem so bad, what would you do? 
To say I didn’t realise the extent to the epidemic is a bit of an exaggeration, I know, but a lot of things appear as an epidemic when you first become aware of them. They do to me anyway. Even though it’s not an epidemic I think as a society our tolerance of other people’s issues when it comes to dating is an epidemic. In the old days a lot of people found someone within their community and just dealt with the good, bad and ugly side to the person. Personally I think that’s because they didn’t know any better; not like us who live in a fast paced digitalised world. We can get to a lot of places more easily and quickly. Some of us even go to other continents to shop and source some of the essential beauty kits to maintain the celebrity look that will raise a lot more eyebrows if the guy we are dating is acting up. In a world where we can get things faster without dispensing much energy and also go further afield if needs be, is it a waste of time to tolerate some people’s unexplainable issues when we could easily move on to the next guy or is that the key to achieving the type of relationship that a lot of people are seeking for whilst moving from one failed relationship to another?
I really hope I haven’t offended anyone with this post. I’m just sharing my thoughts out loud so readers please don’t take any offence if you think differently to me. I would be more than happy to read your thoughts on this topic below.
Thanks for reading My dating year – stage 24.

3 comments:

  1. Jelony this is the first time I am commenting on your blog. I like your blog and I feel I should have my take on the issues you discussed in this write up.You mentioned the fact that you've discovered that a lot of men have issues without giving examples of the issues you have come accross. In the absence of these details it is difficult to judge whether you are being unrealistic or not. But I am tempted to believe that you are just being too picky. Surely there is no perfect person out there and I am sure you are not perfect either. Will you say you too have issues? It is important that you are self aware and that you know what your limitations are as well as the good qualities that you seem to possess that any man will be lucky to be able to win you over. Now with these issues you have discovered are they issues that cannot be addressed? Single educated ladies these days tend to have unrealistic expectations. Some issues can be dealt with while others cannot be entertained. Also characteristics such as he must be 6ft 2in or he must earn at least £3,000 net a month are unrealistic in my opinion. For example if you set your goal for hooking up with a man who must be taller than you it is better than saying you want someone 6'2" when you could go for someone 5'9" if you are say 5'8". How did our grandparents survived arranged marriages when they tended to marry their partners they did not know beforehand and mainly on the recommendation of a family friend or relative? You need to learn something from that and be less picky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all I want to say thank you for visiting my blog page and leaving a comment.

      I just read the post again because I thought I had written that I also have issues. I would definitely say to some people I have issues and I'm not offended that they feel that way about me. It actually makes me feel normal because if some people don't feel that way, it means a lot of people are lying to me.

      I've used the word 'issues' loosely in this post because I know it can be quite relative. What one person considers to be issues can be perfectly normal to somebody else. I didn't want to give examples for this reason.

      The main point I was trying to make is that everyone has sides to them that don't sit well with everybody and because we are all so different and we've been brought up so differently and have had different life experiences we all have different things that we consider to be issues.

      I wanted to save this for my last post but I guess it will help to answer your questions if I say it now. One thing I've come to realise through doing this dating challenge is that no matter how great a person appears at the start it will definitely get to a point when they'll do something to you that will make you want to leave them. I think I'm only realsing that now myself. I've always known that relationships are not smooth and easy but I guess my idea of loving someone and committing to them was quite conditional, depending on the type of issues that they have. We all know that not all issues come to the surface and in some cases it could take decades to see a side to a love one that doesn't bode well with us. In essence what I'm trying to say is that issues are inevitable and what is more important is our ability to tolerate. I think once a person is able to tolerate more they are likely to be less picky.

      I have most definitely been very picky and whilst trying not to be picky I think I've made some wrong decisions that made me even more picky and have now learnt that it's ok to be picky but to also be realistic as well, just as you've illustrated towards the end of your comment Activeghman.

      Thanks again for the comment.

      Delete
  2. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete