Translate

Sunday 27 May 2012

Date 11 – Ricky


Welcome to date 11 of 26

Guy Profile
Name: Ricky
Age: 27
Height: 5.11
Occupation: Something to do with helping young people into employment
Location of date: Surrey Quays, London

How I met Ricky
I met Ricky on Plenty of Fish.com (pof). I was looking for a last minute date for this week’s date because I didn’t have enough time to arrange one after returning from the States. I didn’t want to have to go on pof because I don’t really like the site but the 2 people I had in mind for this week’s date weren’t available and my friend’s attempt to get one of his friends to take me out didn’t look like it was going to materialise either.

On Thursday evening I reactivated my pof account and received quite a lot of messages from hopefuls and I started a few conversations with some but after an hour of being on the site it didn’t look like I was getting anywhere so I logged out. Minutes later I received a couple of messages and I logged back on to read them. Two of the guys that sent me messages seemed quite decent so I spent some time communicating with both of them and another guy who was telling me off for what I wrote on my profile. He said I was contradicting myself because my Intent says: I want to date but nothing serious and About me says:

I understand that most people on this site are not looking for anything serious so if you are only looking to get intimate please move on to the next profile.

I totally understand why he thinks my intent and About me is contradicting but I also mean exactly what I wrote. I am only interested in dating and nothing serious and I want those who are looking for something intimate to move on to the next profile. I am not going to give myself away because I’m not looking for something serious. It’s clear that not looking for something serious means different things to different people. As this date is not about him I’m not going to go into details about the unfriendly things that he wrote to me. Readers please leave me a comment below if you are interested in the things he said because I think they’ll make an interesting debate.

Back to Ricky, because I needed a date for Friday or Saturday I really didn’t waste any time, so when Ricky wrote: ‘whats a pretty fish like you doing in a sea like this?’ in the second message that he sent me. I replied with: ‘I'm looking for a date for the weekend’ and his reply was: ‘Oh ok well im free tomo nite do you have a blackberry?’.  I gave him my blackberry pin and we communicated a little on that before he called me and we had a very nice conversation. He had a lovely deep voice and a nice sense of humour. I was very proud of myself for being able to get a date so quick. I’m liking the new attitude.

The Date
We had planned to meet at London Bridge at 8pm but we didn’t plan what we were going to do. I guess it was only right to continue the excitement by not planning to do anything in particular. Before our date I spoke to Ricky and he asked if we can meet at 9pm instead because he left work late. I didn’t give the best response but I tried to work with him. Long story short I ended up meeting Ricky after 10pm at my local overhead train station and we took a bus to Surrey Quays.

When we go to Surrey Quays I was really in the mood for Pizza but unfortunately they were closing, so we went to the next best thing, Frankie and Benny’s. Before we got to Surrey Quays I knew Ricky wasn’t my type and I felt my energy drop when he came off the train because he wasn’t my type. As he had made an effort and showed faith in me by coming to meet me after just meeting me the day before online I didn’t want to disappoint him and waste the night being less than happy, so I consciously brought my energy back up.

As he knew of my regular dating but not about my blog I didn’t feel the pressure of having to communicate with him after the date as I’ve felt with most of my past date. It made me feel more at ease and it felt real because I didn’t have to avoid saying anything and I could really relax and enjoy the moment. He made me show him my ID just so he could make sure I am the age I said I am. I tried not to get offended by it and found it funny at the same time. He told me he had a dog and showed me some pictures. When I told him I dislike dogs, he mentioned he shouldn’t have revealed that to me yet. He spent most of the date trying to convince me that I’ll like his dog and I spent just as much time telling him that I wouldn’t and I wouldn’t even want to bump into him and his dog, not to talk about purposely going to see him and his dog.  

I think Ricky knew I wasn’t into him romantically and after I expressed my feelings about dogs I think any plans he had of us progressing in his mind went out of the window too. I hope we can be friends because I think we got on but there’s definitely no spark and I hope he finds a nice girl that’s into dogs.

That’s all for this week readers. Please leave your comments or questions below and I’ll post a reply as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading My dating year – date 11.

6 comments:

  1. Love the air of humour which you use to write your blogs. Read through this with involuntary giggles here and there. Very much interested in the comments that dude made about your profile (hope it wasn't rude- honestly I don't know where some people get off). And one last thing, isn't the whole point of this challenge, going on dates with people who you have some sort of interest in? Obviously I appreciate how lastminute.com you had to find a date in order to make an entry just hope the rest of the dates will be on a more meaningful level-I find those are the best ones. Clearly with this guy, you had very little in common. Looking forward to the next one though ;) RayRay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Below is one of the messages I received from the dude who took it upon himself to to tell me off:

      Let me express my opinion here please. I find it quite pathetically sad if certain women only crave 'attention' as also damn right 'selfish' if they prefer to 'serial date' constantly.

      How would an individual be truly allowing themselves to sough something 'real' if their mind is more conscious on the 'entertain me' element.

      Plus you state that 'serial dating' is a hobby! That's real sad!!!!

      Its disrespecting to the male counterpart; giving false hope.

      You wouldn't like a guy say i only serial date to get sex with chicks!

      I'm looking to hang out, enjoy, cook, have laughs, cuddle and make real
      love with a real woman.

      Such a shame! I was going to ask if you like to meet have a chat and see where our rapport goes (that's if your mind is interested or thinking about the next date already!!!)

      Delete
    2. As for dating people that I have some sort of interest in, I think that is ideal but as I'd like to learn as much as I can from this experience I'm happy to go on dates with guys that I wouldn't usually go for. I'm learning so much from this blog that I can't wait for the end so I can post an overview blog.

      Thanks for the earlier comments too. I'm happy to know that you find my blogs funny. It reassures me that I'm not the only one who finds me funny, lol

      Delete
  2. Hhm, so the guy has a valid point, but he didn't need to present it that way, as if you are some kind of attention whore, I'm pretty sure there are similar people like yourself who are after a similar sort of companionship otherwise you wouldn't be getting any responses. In his defense, he sounded quite bitter and disappointed, as if he came across your profile and saw something he liked but that statement I guess put him off. Its just one of those things if you don't like what you see, as you suggested you move on to the next one. People go on these sites with different intentions so he must not expect everybody to have the same agenda. Maybe you could change your wording so you don't come across as 'entertain me', only for potential datees who may actually be worthwhile; it does sound a little selfish. But on the other hand, with the reponses you have been getting I don't think it has deterred people that much, especially if you are just dating, and dating alone is what you are interested in. So hey, do you. RayRay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advise RayRay but I don't plan to change the wording on my profile. I think this guy is just bitter from the experience that he has had from the site so far. Dating is not a crime. It's an activity that I think more people should take up. How can you meet one person and decide to spend the rest of your life with that one person without giving other people a chance. When it comes to other important things in life most people don't just dive in without exploration so why do some people chose to do so when it comes to their love life.

    I'm not doing what I'm doing for attention and this guy's lack of knowledge of my situation has lead him to the wrong conclusion. I will not allow his ignorance to affect my actions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete