Translate

Saturday 18 February 2012

Date 4 - X


Welcome to date 4 of 26!
Guy Profile
Name: X
Age: 22/23
Height: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown

How I came to know X
A male friend of mine spoke to a few of his friends about my challenge and asked them if any of them would be interested in going on a date with me and one of them said yes and in fact from what I was told he was very interested because it’s not often that you get feedback after going on a date.

My friend sent me X’s number and asked me to call him. I didn’t for a while because I was busy but I eventually did. When I called him the conversation was awkward and brief. X said he was getting ready to go out and he’ll call me the next day. A week later I still hadn’t heard from him, so I got back in touch with my friend and asked him if X was still interested in going on a date with me. The next morning I saw a missed call from X. He had called me at 23:45, the night before. When I saw the time that he called I have to say I wasn’t impressed. I didn’t know him well enough for him to call me at that time. In fact I don’t even know the basic things about him that people tend to know after meeting someone for the first time.

Even though I was disappointed I thought I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and I called him that morning and unsurprisingly the phone rang and went to voicemail. I sent him a text message that evening and asked him if he was still interested in going on the date and called for the second time that day and again I was greeted by the voicemail. At this point I had given up on him. He sent me a message the next day apologising for missing my calls and mentioned that he’ll get through to me later to arrange a suitable time for us to go on the date. I replied and highlighted the times that I would be available but also made it clear that I could make myself available on a different day and time if needs be.

Since then I have not heard from him and I really do not wish to anymore. At first when my friend sent me his number I was quite interested in going on a date with X because I thought it was rather strange for a guy to agree to go on a date with me after being told of my challenge, especially as we didn’t know each other. When I found out his reason for wanting to do it I actually felt quite happy that I could help him out by giving feedback on my blog site. It reminded me of some of the reasons why I started blogging in the first place and I was quite chuffed because I didn’t expect to be in a position to help people out so early on.


Thoughts of X
Honestly, I’m happy that X showed his true colours from the start because I would have been upset if we had made plans to meet and he didn’t turn up. It happened to me once before and I just couldn’t understand why it happened because it was a second date with a guy that I had previously been on a date with and our first date went very well. Even on the day that this guy didn’t show up I was in communication with him whilst I was waiting for him and he said he was on his way, so when the play that we were both meant to be watching finished I was very confused as to why this guy didn’t show up. Even till today I’m still confused. I gave him several chances to explain himself, by the time I realised I wasn’t going to get one I just had to leave him in the past.

Even though I’ve been late to the 3 previous dates, I just couldn’t let somebody down by not showing up, especially if I know that they are waiting for me. I just couldn’t do it. I think it’s one of the most disrespectful things that you can do to anybody. If I don’t want to see someone, I wouldn’t make plans to see them. I think the time spent making plans is already a waste of my time if I don’t want to see the person.

Back to my thoughts of X, based on everything I’ve said above; X is definitely not suitable for me. I can’t deal with liars, pretenders and indecisive people irritate me. He may have a somewhat justifiable reason for behaving the way he did but the way I see it making false promises in any circumstance, most especially one where you do not have to is not plausible. If I ever meet him in person there’s a high chance that I will have less respect for him than any other stranger. Even if I meet him and he ticked a lot of my other boxes I know I will not be attracted to him for sure because of how he has behaved.

General thoughts/comments
I want to say thank you to all of my dedicated readers. To date I have more page views than I thought I would have. I appreciate the comments on this site and those I get in person. And to my friend who said going on a date with me whilst I’m doing this challenge is basically going on a dead end date, that’s not true. If I go on a date with a guy and I find out that I’m attracted to him I will make sure it progresses into something special if the guy feels the same way about me. I know I may come across as cold and as if my standard is too high but the truth of the matter is I can’t fall too easily for guys if I’m going on 26 dates in the year; it will make it very hard for me to continue this challenge.
As some of you may know I will be 23 in a couple of months. When I stop to take in the fact that I’m still single and I look around me at the type of guys that are still available and the ones that are taken I get slightly worried because occasionally when I meet someone and I think: he is definitely my type, 9/10 times the guy is taken or if he is not taken I later on find out that he is actually not my type. My mum and the rest of my family think it’s quite a serious issue that I’m still single and my mum would like me to get married this year. I don’t think she has considered how unrealistic that wish is but in my mummy’s eyes nothing is unattainable for her eldest daughter.
Thank you for reading date 4 of 26, if I have left anything out or if there’s anything that you’d like to know please leave me a comment below.
Thanks for reading My dating year – Date 4



7 comments:

  1. What a jerk!! I can't help but be annoyed myself! I don't even know what I would have done if I were you, but I know it would have involved a very nasty text message, seems like you handled it much better, suppose its more mature that way, ahh, his lost. Well with 26 dates, it was inevitable there would be at least one catastrophe but I was not expecting being stood up, nobody was begged or forced at gunpoint, that was plain and simply out of order. With that being said I'm sure you have learnt from this livid experience and will be able to pick up the tell-tell signs of such time-wasting morons. Anyhow, with 22 more dates to go all is not lost. Really enjoying this. Keep up the good work Jelony. RayRay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I haven't had such an emotional feedback to date. My friend that gave me X's number came to see me yesterday and funny enough X called him to ask for my number again and mentioned something about all his contacts being wiped off his phone. I told my friend that he had missed that boat and I will not be going on a date with him anymore. He said he is still going to give him my number. I think it's a waste of time because I don't plan to answer his calls.

      Thanks again for the supportive message.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a sorry excuse to me, he was still in contact with the mutual friend and especially when the date was already planned. Again a sorry excuse with sign of little remorse.

      Me personally, dating under 25's is somewhat of a no-no, I worry about the level of maturity. I find that most men below that age are more concerned about the next opportunity to get their leg over, if you know what I mean. A meaningful conversation, or good old quality time spent hanging out or chilling is a lot to ask and perhaps dauting for most. I believe maturity in men starts from around 27, when everything is not about having a good time but actually taking the time to get to know that person. Do I speak for myself here? RayRay.

      Delete
    3. I 100% agree with you. I don't think I could fall for a guy that's 5 years or less older than me than me or younger than me. I just thought I'd go out with a variety of guys for this challenge and besides 26 dates is a lot so I'm not really in a position to be too picky.

      Delete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting.. anyhoo i havent seen u on my blog in a wee while so pop by asap.. lol. thanks.

    U know what i really think though.. u probably might not find him during these 26 dates and you might meet him anyway and not know he is the one.. PRAYER/patience is key here. but then again cupid might give u a chance...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,

      I will be there today, don't worry.

      Delete
  3. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP.
    WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM 
    WHATS APP: +2347012841542

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete